1 can (10-3/4ounces) condensed chicken broth
1-1/3 cups water, divided
4 medium carrots, thinly sliced (about 1-1/2 cups)
3 medium red potatoes, scrubbed and diced (about 1-1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups quartered medium mushrooms (about 8 ounces)
1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
2-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1. Combine broth, 1 cup water, carrots and potatoes in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are softened. Stir in the broth mixture and peas. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil. Whisk the remaining water into the flour mixture. Boil, stirring frequently, until thickened. Remove from heat.
3. Unroll 1 pie crust onto a floured surface. Measure and roll, if necessary, to fit 1-inch larger than top of a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Line the baking dish with the crust.
4. Stir the chicken into the vegetable mixture and pour into the baking dish. Place the remaining crust over the filling; trim and flute edge. Cut a scalloped round from the center with a cookie cutter. Bake until filling is bubbly and crust is browned, about 20 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
* Freezer Friendly: Make and freeze an extra pie. Cool assembled, unbaked pie at room temperature 1 hour. Wrap well in foil; freeze up to 1 month. To bake frozen pie, remove foil and bake in a 425 degrees F. oven for 70 minutes or until golden brown and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.