A quick and easy one dish meal for those days when time is short. It’s also really good! Serve with a salad and toasted garlic bread for a delicious dinner.
1 pound ground beef chuck
1 (16) ounce jar chunky salsa*
1 3/4 cups water
1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni, uncooked
12 ounces Velveeta process cheese spread
1. Brown meat in large skillet; drain. Add salsa and water. Bring to a boil. Stir in macaroni. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 8-10 minutes or until macaroni is tender.
2. Add Velveeta; stir until melted. Makes 4-6 servings.
*Adjust the amount of spice you want by choosing a mild, medium or hot salsa. If you like it hotter, add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red peppers to the meat after draining.
This is a rich, hearty meal to warm up with on a cold wintry night. Great all by itself, or serve with toasted garlic bread and a salad. Yum! And don’t throw away the leftovers. This hearty and delicious stew tastes even better warmed up the next day!!!
1-1/2 pounds beef round steak, cut into cubes
3 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 packages brown gravy mix blended in 3 cups water
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon parsley flakes
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
4-5 carrots, scraped and sliced
4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths
1. Heat oil in large skillet. Roll round steak cubes in flour and brown in hot oil until richly browned on all sides. Place browned meat in Dutch oven.
2. Add brown gravy mix blended with water. Sprinkle in salt and pepper. Add garlic powder, onion powder and parsley flakes and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Cover tightly and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
4. Add onion, celery, carrots and potatoes. Continue cooking, covered, until vegetables are tender. Makes 6 servings.
These delicious brownies will satisfy the pickiest chocolate lovers in your family!!
3/4 cup butter, melted
1-1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan. In medium mixing bowl, blend melted butter, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs; beat well with spoon.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
3. Spread into prepared pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely; cut into squares. Makes 16 brownies.
Bring the family together and serve up some of this creamy chicken casserole. Good food and good conversation make for a great evening!
4- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni
1 (10 oz) package frozen broccoli, thawed
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry
1 teaspoon black pepper (more or less to taste)
1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cut chicken breasts into bite size chunks. Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in medium size skillet. Cook chicken chunks over medium high heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. Bring 2 quarts of water to a rapid boil in large saucepan. Add macaroni and boil 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and pour into a buttered 13×9-inch (3 quart) baking dish. Layer cooked chicken over macaroni. Layer thawed broccoli over chicken.
3. In a large bowl, combine softened cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix and pepper. Pour evenly over ingredients in baking dish.
4. Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Makes 4 servings.
You could add a little crunch to this casserole by topping the cheese with french fried onions before baking the last 5 minutes!
As you will find with this recipe, easy can be delicious. Even those picky eaters will enjoy this yummy chicken dinner!
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
4- boneless, skinless chicken breast halves cut into small pieces
1 (14-1/2 ounce) can of chicken broth
1-1/2 cups uncooked macaroni
1 ( 8 ounce) package of shredded cheddar cheese
1 (10 ounce) package of frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet. Add chicken; cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
2. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Stir in uncooked macaroni. Reduce heat to medium low; cover. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add cheese, broccoli* and sour cream. Stir until the cheddar cheese is melted. Makes 6 servings
*If you do not like your broccoli crisp-tender, add it at the same time you add the uncooked macaroni.