This moist and delicious pumpkin bread is the perfect companion to your morning coffee. You may decide to have more than one slice!
2 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil*
2 cups pumpkin
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2/3 cup water
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and oil with electric mixer set on medium speed. Add eggs and pumpkin; mix until well blended.
2. In a separate bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients. Add sifted dry ingredients to the creamed mixture alternately with water. Mix until well blended.
3. Pour batter into 2 well greased 9×5 loaf pans (1/2 the batter in each pan).
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into middle of loaf comes out clean.
5. Let stand in pans 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on cooling rack. Makes 2 loaves.
*You may substitute 1/2 cup of applesauce for 1/2 cup of the oil if you wish to cut the fat content. It will be equally as moist.