This delightful spicy casserole is sure to become one of your family’s favorites! Simple, easy-to-make and delicious!
1-1/2 cups elbow macaroni
2 pounds ground chuck
1 package taco seasoning mix
1-15 ounce can tomato sauce
1-8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
2. Brown ground beef in a 10 inch skillet until well done. Drain and return to skillet. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Simmer on low heat 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand in skillet.
3. In large mixing bowl, with mixer set on medium speed, blend softened cream cheese, cottage cheese and sour cream.
4. Butter a 2 quart casserole dish. Pour 1/2 the pasta into the bottom of casserole dish. Layer 1/2 the meat mixture over pasta, then 1/2 the cheese mixture over the meat. Repeat for a second layer.
5. Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes. Top with cheddar cheese and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese melts and is lightly browned. Serves 4-6.