Even if you are not a big fan of pumpkin, you will truly enjoy this delightful cake. It has been a favorite of my family for many years.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs
2 cups cooked pumpkin (fresh or canned)*
1 cup chopped walnuts
1. In a small bowl, sift together the dry ingredients; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the oil and sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Add pumpkin and beat until well blended.
3. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in chopped walnuts.
4. Divide batter evenly between 2 greased and floured 9×1-1/2 inch round cake pans.** Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of layer comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pans for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn out onto cooling rack until cold.
* When using canned, be sure to use canned pumpkin. Not pumpkin pie filling.
**Can also be baked in a 13×9-inch baking pan, if preferred.