This is a super recipe to make ahead, but may be baked right away, if desired. Just cover baking dish with foil and bake according to directions. It’s super delicious too!
1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
3 tablespoons dried minced onion
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1-1/2 cups water
1/2 cup tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 large egg
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded Cheddar-American cheese blend
12 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef and onion until beef is brown, stirring frequently, about 6 minutes; drain and return to skillet.
2. Stir in tomato sauce, water, ketchup and mustard; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In a medium bowl, beat egg with wire whisk; stir in ricotta cheese and 2 cups cheese blend.
4. Spread 1 cup beef mixture into bottom of a 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Top with 4 uncooked noodles. Spread 1/2 the ricotta mixture over noodles. Top with 1-1/2 cups beef mixture.
5. Repeat layers once with 4 noodles, remaining ricotta mixture and 1-1/2 cups beef mixture. Top with remaining 4 noodles, beef mixture and 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Cover with foil and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
6. Remove from refrigerator and bake, covered, at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 25 to 35 minutes longer or until bubbly. Remove from oven; cover with foil and let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Makes 8 servings.