A hearty, hunger-satisfying casserole your family is sure to enjoy!
3 cups uncooked rotini pasta
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 (7 oz) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook and drain the pasta as directed on the package, using minimum cooking time.
2. In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes; drain.
3. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt and pepper; mix well.
4. In a 13×9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray, layer 1/2 each of the pasta, sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, Parmesan cheese, tomato mixture and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and casserole is hot. Makes 8 servings.