Tender chicken, wholesome vegetables, creamy mashed potatoes and savory sauce; yummy!
1 pouch roasted garlic mashed potatoes (from 7.2 oz box)
1 cup hot water
1/2 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup chopped onion
1-1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
1 (12 oz) jar home-style chicken gravy
2-1/4 teaspoons paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
1. Spray a 2 quart shallow casserole with cooking spray. Make mashed potatoes according to directions on box for 4 servings-except use 1 cup hot water, 1/2 cup milk and 2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
2. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter or margarine in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and onion in butter, stirring frequently, until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in vegetables, gravy, 2 teaspoons of the paprika, salt and pepper. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in sour cream.
4. Spoon mixture into casserole. Spoon or pipe potatoes in 8 mounds around edge of casserole. Sprinkle potatoes with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Makes 4 servings.