Serve these savory and flavorful meatballs over hot cooked noodles for an awesome dinner your family will rave about!
2 slices bread, torn
2 tablespoons milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (10-1/2 oz) can beef consommé
2 (4 oz) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
1/2 cup sour cream
Minced fresh parsley
Hot cooked noodles
1. Combine the bread and milk in a large bowl. Add the egg, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble the ground beef over the mixture and mix together well.
2. Shape into 1-inch balls. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown meatballs in small batches until meat is no longer pink; drain on paper towels.
3. In a large saucepan, melt the butter or margarine; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add the consommé and bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened; about 2 minutes.
4. Reduce heat; add mushrooms, parsley flakes, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon and meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream; sprinkle with fresh minced parsley. Serve over hot cooked noodles. Makes 6 to 8 servings.