Serve this savory and delicious chicken with your favorite salad vegetables for a real dinner treat!
4 slices bacon, chopped
2-1/2 to 3 pound chicken, cut into serving pieces*
1 (10 oz) package fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 envelope onion soup mix
1-3/4 cups water
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1. Cook bacon in a 6-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat until crisp; about 3 minutes. Remove and set aside, reserving drippings.
2. Add the chicken to the reserved drippings and brown over medium-high heat; remove and set aside.
3. In the same Dutch oven, add the mushrooms and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring often, about 4 minutes.
4. Return the chicken and bacon to the Dutch oven. Add onion soup mix blended with water and thyme. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer covered 40 minutes or until chicken is done. Makes 4 servings, each with 3 net carbohydrates.
* Since my family prefers all-white meat, I used 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves.