A rich creamy cheesecake dessert your family and friends are sure to request again and again!
1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, walnuts and brown sugar. Add the melted butter or margarine, stirring until crumbly; reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture.
3. Press the remaining crumb mixture over the bottom of a greased 8×8-inch baking pan. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.
4. In a medium mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar at high speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Spread evenly over the baked layer; sprinkle with the reserved 1 cup crumb mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate and chill before serving. Cut into 2-inch squares. Makes 16 squares.