This recipe has been a family favorite for many years. It is one that gets requested over and over. If you should be lucky enough to have left-overs, (I seldom do), it tastes even better the second day!
1 (14 oz) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
2 cups cooked chicken, cubed
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 sleeve (from 15 oz box) whole wheat crackers, crushed ( I use Ritz)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spread the thawed broccoli in bottom of a greased 11×7-inch (2-qt) baking dish. Sprinkle the chicken over the broccoli.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, curry powder and black pepper. Pour over the chicken. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
4. In a small bowl, combine the crushed Ritz crackers and melted butter or margarine. Sprinkle evenly over the cheese.
5. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Makes 6 servings.