I like this coffee cake best served warm for breakfast with a hot cup of coffee! It also makes a great dessert!
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
1. Grease a 9×9-inch baking dish or a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream the oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beating well after each addition. Pour into prepared baking dish.
4. For topping: In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in the pecans. Sprinkle evenly over creamed mixture in baking dish.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Makes 12 servings.