Moist and delicious coffee cake with a cinnamon-sugar-nut surprise in the middle! Perfect with a cup of your favorite coffee!
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
1. In a small bowl combine the walnuts, 1/2 cup of sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
2. In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time; add the vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the sour cream.
4. Spoon 1/2 the creamed mixture into a greased and floured 10 cup bundt or tube pan. Sprinkle with the reserved walnut mixture; spoon remaining creamed mixture over walnut mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.