Fire-Roasted pasta sauce and smoked sausage give this delightful dish a unique flavor that is sure to please family and guests alike!
1 (8 ounces) package ziti or small tube pasta
1 (28 ounces) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
1 (26 ounces) jar fire-roasted tomato and garlic spaghetti sauce*
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 (16 ounces) package smoked sausage, sliced
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup 4% cottage cheese
1. In a large saucepan, cook the pasta according to the package directions: drain and return to the pan. Stir in the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, Italian seasoning and smoked sausage; heat through.
2. Stir in 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the cottage cheese; top with the remaining mozzarella cheese. Cover and heat over medium heat about 5 minutes or until the mozzarella cheese is melted. Makes 8 servings.
These light, golden, cinnamon flavored biscuits full of plump raisins and lightly drizzled with a simple icing, are wonderful served fresh from the oven for breakfast or brunch!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the raisins. Add the buttermilk and stir just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5 to 6 times. Roll to 1/2-inch thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-inch biscuit cutter.
2. Place on a greased baking sheet with sides slightly touching. Bake at 425 degrees F. for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
3. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and milk; drizzle over the biscuits. Serve warm.Makes 12 biscuits.
Nutrition information: 1 biscuit = 1 serving. Each serving contains: 179 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Plump, melt-in-your-mouth dumplings, tender bites of chicken and a rich flavorful broth make this mouth-watering dish a real favorite! And you’ll love how easy this delicious dinner is to make!
3 celery ribs, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
3 (14-1/2 ounces each) cans chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1-2/3 cups all purpose baking mix (Bisquick)
2/3 cup milk
1. In a Dutch oven, saute celery and onion in butter for 6 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in the broth, poultry seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; add the chicken and simmer, uncovered.
2. For dumplings: combine the all-purpose baking mix and milk. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering broth; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean. Do not lift the cover while simmering. Makes 6 servings.
If you haven’t yet entered my giveaway, you still have plenty of time. Just leave me a comment on the giveaway post and your name will be added to the pot. The giveaway will end on Monday, May 31st at 12:00 midnight! Don’t miss out on your chance to win 5 coupons good for “free” products from Tyson! After all, who doesn’t like getting something for “free”? Remember, there will be two lucky winners! Each of these winners will receive 5 coupons good for free Tyson products!
So if you haven’t checked out my Review & Giveaway post, take a minute to stop by. While you’re there, just leave a comment on the post and I will add your name to the pot! Don’t forget, the giveaway ends Monday, May 31st at 12:00 midnight! Feel free to invite your fellow friends and bloggers to stop by for their chance to win!
This incredibly easy-to-make dessert treat is perfect for any occasion. These toffee bars travel very well, making them great for picnics, family gatherings, and reunions, to name a few!
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cubed
1 cup packed brown sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar; cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly. Press into an ungreased 13 inch x 9 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown; cool slightly.
2. In a small bowl, beat the egg, brown sugar, vanilla extract and baking powder until well blended. Stir in the coconut and chopped nuts; spread over the crust. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack; cut into bars. Makes 24 bars.
The delicious robust flavor of pepperoni pizza in a convenient taste appealing casserole! I made this for dinner last night and my family loved it!!
8 ounces rotini or other spiral pasta, uncooked
1 pound lean ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
2 (14 ounce each) jars pizza sauce
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 (3.5 ounce) package sliced pepperoni
2 cups ( 16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain and return to the skillet. Stir in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pizza sauce; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the egg, milk and Parmesan cheese. Drain the pasta; toss with the egg mixture. Transfer pasta mixture to a greased 2-quart casserole. Top with the beef mixture, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Makes 6 servings.
If you love chocolate, if you love cheesecake, then you are sure to enjoy this smooth, creamy, rich and yummy dessert! You won’t believe how simple it is to make!
1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
1 (8 ounces)frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth; beat in the melted chocolate. Fold in whipped topping; blend well.
2. Spoon mixture into crust. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Makes 8 servings.