Whether you are counting your carbohydrates (like some of my family members) or not, you are sure to enjoy this simple pork dinner. The combination of onion and mustard flavors give these chops real taste appeal the whole family will appreciate!
8 boneless pork loin chops
1 or 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Dash of hot sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup white cooking wine
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. In a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat, brown the pork in the oil on both sides; transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker.
2. Reduce the heat to medium-low; add the onion to the skillet and sauté until translucent. Stir in the garlic, dry mustard, salt, pepper, and hot sauce; sauté for 1 or 2 minutes longer. Spoon mixture on top the pork in the slow cooker.
3. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and cooking wine; pour over meat mixture in slow cooker. Cover and cook on Low for 6 hours.
4. Remove the pork to a platter; stir the mustard and cream into the sauce in the pot.* Serve the sauce over the pork.
Makes 8 servings, each with 4 grams carbohydrate and 1 gram fiber for a total of 3 grams of effective carbohydrates.
* If you like a slightly thicker sauce, stir 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour into the mustard and cream before adding it to the sauce. This will only add a minimal amount of carbohydrate to each serving.