A delectable make-ahead brownie dessert that is sure to please family and friends alike!
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 cups whipped topping
2 cups cold milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
Whipped topping and chopped walnuts
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in the nuts,
3. Transfer to a greased 13×9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over brownies.
5. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set; spread over filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and nuts. Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Recipe and photo are from Taste of Home magazine.