Chicken, ham and Swiss cheese are a winning combination in this tasty all-in-one casserole.
4 cups boiling water
2 (5.7 ounces each) boxes sun-dried tomato Florentine long grain & wild rice mix*
4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 slices thick-sliced fully cooked deli ham
1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
4 (1 ounce each) slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Stir together the boiling water, rice and rice seasoning mixes in the baking dish.
3. Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise; wrap a ham slice around each chicken piece. Add the bell pepper to the rice mixture; place the wrapped chicken pieces over the rice. Cover with foil and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and chicken juices run clear when thickest part is cut.
4. Top each chicken breast with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Makes 8 servings.**
* You may substitute other varieties of rice mixtures, such as mushroom or chicken.
**This recipe is easily divided in half if you only need 4 servings.