This delightfully cool and refreshing Jello dessert, (I found the recipe in an old Jello recipe book), is the perfect addition to your Labor Day weekend fun!
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices in juice
2 (4-serving size) or 1 (8-serving size) lime or apricot flavor gelatin
1-1/2 cups boiling water
1 cup ginger ale or cold water
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1. Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Cut pineapple slices in half; set aside. Cut the remaining pineapple slices into chunks.
2. Dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Add the reserved pineapple juice, ginger ale and ginger; chill until slightly thickened.
3. Measure 1 cup of the gelatin. Arrange some of the pineapple chunks in a 6-cup ring mold; top with measured gelatin. Chill until set but not firm, about 10 minutes.
4. Fold the remaining pineapple chunks into the remaining gelatin; spoon over gelatin in mold. Chill until firm, about 4 hours; unmold.
5. Garnish with halved pineapple slices, halved cherry tomatoes and crisp greens, if desired. Makes 5 cups or 10 servings.