The perfect vegetable recipe to compliment your favorite meat main dish.
1/4 cup butter
1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cups Brussels sprouts, cut in half
1/2 pound parsnips, peeled, quartered, then cut into 2-inch pieces
1/2 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups baby carrots
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Melt the butter in a 1-quart saucepan; stir in sage and garlic.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in an ungreased 13×9-inch baking dish; pour the butter mixture over the vegetables and stir to coat.
3. Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes. Remove the foil and bake about 15 minutes longer or until the vegetables are tender. Makes 6 servings.
Pot roast is always welcome at my dinner table and this recipe is one of my favorites. My slow cooker does all the work and I get all the credit for putting a delicious dinner on the table!
1 pound small red potatoes, halved
2 cups fresh baby carrots
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
1 medium onion, cut into 6 wedges
2 celery ribs, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 (3 pound) boneless beef chuck roast
1 (14-1/2 ounce) can beef broth
1 (10-1/2 ounce) can mushroom gravy
1 (1-1/2 ounce) package beef stew seasoning mix
1. Place the potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, onion and celery in a 5-quarty slow cooker. Cut the roast in half; place over the vegetables.
2. In a small bowl, combine the broth, gravy and seasoning mix; pour over the roast.
3. Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 9 hours or until the meat is tender. Makes 8 servings.
You and your family will enjoy pure “comfort in every bite” with this hearty and delicious recipe.
3 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta
1 pound bulk Italian sausage
1 (28 ounces) can crushed tomatoes, undrained
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook the pasta according to the package directions using minimum cook time; drain.
2. In a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, cook sausage, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic and basil.
3. Layer 1/2 each of the pasta, sausage, mushrooms, bell peppers, Parmesan cheese, tomato mixture and mozzarella cheese; repeat layers.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until hot and cheese is golden brown. Makes 8 servings.
Treat your family to “rich creamy comfort in every bite” with this delightful fix-it-and-forget-it soup from Taste of Home. Perfect for those chilly fall or cold winter evenings.
2 large onions, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups water, divided
4 cups chicken broth
2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
1-1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup half and half
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, sliced
1. In a large skillet, sauté onions in butter until tender. Stir in the flour. Gradually stir in one cup of the water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker.
2. Add the broth, potatoes, potato flakes, bacon, pepper, salt, basil, thyme and remaining water; stir to combine. Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or until the potatoes are tender. Stir in the half and half; heat through. Garnish each serving with shredded cheese and green onions. Makes 10 servings.
Nothing says comfort better than a delicious beef pot pie hot from the oven. You will be amazed at how easy this recipe is to make!
1 refrigerated pie crust
2 cups diced cooked potatoes
1 (10 ounces) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed*
1-1/2 cups diced cooked beef**
1 (10-3/4 ounces) can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Let pie crust stand at room temperature for 15 minutes for easy handling.
2. Put the potatoes, vegetables and beef in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the soup, water, Worcestershire sauce and thyme; pour over the beef mixture.
4. Gently place the pie crust over the beef mixture. Crimp or roll the edges to seal to the dish. With a sharp knife, cut slits in the crust.
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until hot and the crust is golden brown. Makes 4 servings.
* You may quickly thaw the vegetables by microwaving them on High for 3 minutes.
** Left-over roast beef is perfect for this recipe.
Dinner couldn’t be easier or more delicious than this zesty flavored roast and vegetables.
4 medium potatoes, cut into quarters
2 cups frozen baby carrots
1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium plum tomato, diced
2-1/2 pounds boneless chuck pot roast
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 (10-3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon chopped garlic (fresh or from jar)
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon vinegar
1. Put the potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato in a 3-1/2-quart slow cooker. Place the roast over vegetables; sprinkle with the pepper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the soup, water, garlic, oregano, basil, parsley flakes and vinegar; pour over the roast and vegetables.
3. Cover and cook on Low for 10 to 12 hours or on High for 5 to 6 hours. Remove the roast and let stand 10 minutes; thinly slice and arrange on a meat platter.
4. Arrange the vegetables around the roast on platter; serve with the juices. Makes 5 servings.
If your family is like mine, pasta of any kind is always welcome at the dinner table. This creamy, cheesy, easy-to-make recipe is no exception!
1 (10-3/4 ounces) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (8 ounce) package shredded two-cheese blend
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups rotini pasta, cooked and drained
1. In a 1-1/2-quart casserole, combine the soup, cheeses, milk and pepper; stir in the cooked pasta.
2. Bake at 400 degrees F. for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Makes 4 servings.