Nothing says comfort better than a delicious beef pot pie hot from the oven. You will be amazed at how easy this recipe is to make!
1 refrigerated pie crust
2 cups diced cooked potatoes
1 (10 ounces) package frozen mixed vegetables, thawed*
1-1/2 cups diced cooked beef**
1 (10-3/4 ounces) can cream of mushroom soup
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Let pie crust stand at room temperature for 15 minutes for easy handling.
2. Put the potatoes, vegetables and beef in a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the soup, water, Worcestershire sauce and thyme; pour over the beef mixture.
4. Gently place the pie crust over the beef mixture. Crimp or roll the edges to seal to the dish. With a sharp knife, cut slits in the crust.
5. Bake for 35 minutes or until hot and the crust is golden brown. Makes 4 servings.
* You may quickly thaw the vegetables by microwaving them on High for 3 minutes.
** Left-over roast beef is perfect for this recipe.