Follow the directions exactly, and this batter will bake into a rich brownie with a layer of pudding underneath.
1 (19.5 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1/4 cup water
1-1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1-1/3 cups boiling water
Ice cream or whipped cream, (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9-inch square baking dishes.
2. Combine the brownie mix, oil, eggs and 1/4 cup water in a medium bowl. Mix well, about 1 minute. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared baking dishes.
3. Combine the brown sugar and cocoa in a small bowl. Mix well. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mixture evenly over the batter in each baking dish.
4. Pour 1/2 of the boiling water on top of the brown sugar mixture in each baking dish. Bake until set, about 23 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
*To reheat leftovers, cover with plastic wrap and heat on Low in the microwave. It is also delicious served cold.
Enjoy a decadent chocolate dessert without the guilt with this easy-to-make, low-calorie, low-fat recipe from Weight Watcher’s!
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
18 (2-1/2″) chocolate graham cracker squares, made into crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pint vanilla non-fat frozen yogurt, slightly softened
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites with electric mixer at medium-high speed 3 to 4 minutes or until soft peaks form; gradually add the sugar and continue beating at medium-high speed 2 to 3 minutes longer or until stiff peaks form.
3. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the cracker crumbs, nuts and vanilla just until blended. Scrape mixture into the pie plate. Bake 25 minutes or until firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
4. Spread frozen yogurt over the pie; freeze, covered, for 2 to 3 hours or until the yogurt is very firm. Makes 8 servings.
Top with sugar free chocolate syrup and fresh strawberries, if desired.
Per Serving: 113 Calories, 4 grams Total Fat, 0 grams Saturated Fat, 0 milligrams Cholesterol, 124 milligrams Sodium, 17 grams Total Carbohydrate, 1 gram Dietary Fiber, 3 grams Protein, 7 milligrams Calcium. Points per serving: 2.
Pure decadence in every bite of these delicious, brownie-like squares filled with rich caramel, creamy chocolate and crunchy nuts. Yum! Yum!
1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1.In a medium microwaveable mixer bowl, combine the caramels and 1/3 cup of the evaporated milk. Microwave on High for 2 to 3 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until the caramels are melted and mixture is smooth; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the dry cake mix, melted butter, remaining 1/3 cup evaporated milk and chopped nuts. Stir together by hand until a soft dough forms; press 1/2 of the dough onto bottom of a greased and floured 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 6 minutes. Remove from oven and spread caramel mixture over the baked layer; sprinkle chocolate chips over the caramel mixture. Crumble the remaining cake mix dough evenly over the chocolate chips.
4. Bake 15 to 18 minutes longer. Do Not Over Bake. It may appear not to be thoroughly cooked, but once it cools it will be soft and chewy. Cut into squares. Makes 24 squares.
A delectable make-ahead brownie dessert that is sure to please family and friends alike!
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup chopped walnuts
2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 cups whipped topping
2 cups cold milk
1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
Whipped topping and chopped walnuts
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in the nuts,
3. Transfer to a greased 13×9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
4. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread over brownies.
5. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set; spread over filling. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Cut into squares; garnish with whipped topping and nuts. Makes 12 to 15 servings.
Recipe and photo are from Taste of Home magazine.
Packaged fudge brownie mix makes this rich, delicious, chocolate treat, quick and simple to prepare.
1 (19.8 or 21.5 oz) package fudge brownie mix
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk*
1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions; stir in walnuts. Spread evenly in bottom of a greased 13×9-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set.
2. In a large microwaveable bowl, combine chocolate chips, butter or margarine, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract.
3. Microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each 1 minute, until chocolate chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Spread evenly over brownie layer. Cool. Chill 2 hours. Cut into bars. Makes 24 to 36 bars.
*Do Not use evaporated milk.